• What's In My Diaper Bag •
Being a first time mum I want everything to be pristine, organized to perfection & easily accessible. That would be considered a miracle right?! Unrealistic expectations of motherhood. I can try my best though! I have partnered with TWELVElittle to show you what is inside the First Time Mum's diaper bag and to show you this beautiful unisex bag that is honestly, perfect for that dads out there! So they don't feel a little off carrying a diaper bag that looks like a purse.
When I received the bag my baby brain must have taken over when I was browsing on their site because finding the transportable changing pad inside felt like a little extra gift! This Unisex Courage Backpack in Grey was our first pick from TWELVElittle. Spencer was just as excited as me to receive & review! The adjustable straps make it a breeze for built men to wear. I personally like backpacks fitting nice & snug, however, spence is the opposite. The loose the better!
Clicking on the photos below will make them larger. :)
I was pleasantly surprised to see how much this diaper bag could fit! ... A LOT!
- Diapers - One of each hour you are out & a couple more just in case!
- Wipes - These are a must! Not only are they good to clean up little one but also multipurpose for anything! Even before we knew little one Young was on the way we bought the Kirkland brand just to have in the truck & various spots for cleanups, dirty hands etc. I personally like to have a portable pack instead of sticking a couple in a plastic bag. That way I can ensure they stay sealed & moist!
- Hand Sanitizer - For cleaning your hands in after diaper changes if there is no place to wash them.
- Changing Pad - Thankfully TWELVElittle provides one with the diaper bag! Godsend.
- Plastic or biodegradable bag for soiled diapers & eco-friendly wipes.. Do those exist?!
- Extra Clothing for your baby or toddler - Just in case a poopsplosion happens and it gets all over their clothing! Also good to change if they spit up.
- Pacifier if your child uses one.
- Blanket - blankets or receiving blankets can double as a lot of things. Changing pad, nursing cover, bib, burping cloth, you name it!
- Sun Screen - to protect little one from the sun.
- Bottles of formula or breast milk if you're not EBF
- Teether - If teething or just to play with!
Extra's for mum & dad
You'll notice how I put the most important at the top ;)
- Bottled water
- Nature Bond Manual Breast Pump Milk Saver Suction
- Breast absorbent pads
- New shirt & pants incase of spit up on or pooped on! You never know
Although you see below I have used the cushioned laptop slot for swaddle & some clothes, my husband is pleased that he can take his laptop on the go if need be in the same bag as our sons belongings if he's in a pinch & doesn't have time to pack his other laptop bag! Really great for those fathers who work on the go!
Having our stroller & diaper bag ready for an outing although little one isn't here just yet has us so excited! We can't wait to go for walks & well, Spencer feeling best about wearing a backpack diaper bag & not a purse when & if he decides to go out on his own with out son.