↠ Blueberry Lemon Vegan Cheese Cake
This is the first cashew cream cheese cake I have ever made. I made it for my husbands birthday because he absolutely hates the texture of cake. Since we are also Vegan it was hard coming up with idea's as a main dessert. I could have easily went out and bought a Vegan dessert but I wanted it to be special. I took two different recipes and tweaked them to my liking! We really enjoyed this cake. It was even unreal frozen! It was almost like a frozen yogurt treat. My next attempt will be to make personal sized cheesecakes with lime & apple!
- 1 cup packed (200 g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts
- 3 cups (180 g) raw cashews
- Lemon juice 1/4 cup or to taste!
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp (150 ml) full-fat coconut milk. Skim from the top.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (for blueberry layer)
- Add pitted dates to a food processor or blender. I personally used a VItamix. Blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball.
- Next add the walnuts and process into a meal until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it's too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing or blending. If too wet, add more almonds or walnuts. Optional: add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Form the crust in the spring form pan & level it out with your fingers. Put in freezer for 20 mins or so.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
- Add filling to spring form pan ontop of the crust. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, put in the freezer for 10-20 mins. Go onto your next layer, which would be blueberry!
- Add the frozen blueberries to the rest of the filling & blend until smooth. Add to the cheese cake & cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours
- Before serving let it thaw in the fridge for several hours. You can eat frozen too!