↠ Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts.
These moist & delicious baked vegan donuts are super quick, easy, rich & chocolatey and topped with a chocolate glaze. If you're Canadian these could totally be sold in the same case as the non-vegan donuts & not labelled... non vegans wouldn't even know! No over powering coconut flavour or dry like saw dust. Hahaha! :)
What you will need:
- Donut Molds - MUST
- Piping Bag - I have made multiple batches without & it is frustrating & messy!
- Cooling Rack - a HUGE must in order to dip the donuts and let them drip until dry & not stick to parchment paper.
*click the image to take you to the item for more details! *
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (22g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (100g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk) -- I prefer chococlate soy milk
- 2 Tbsp Applesauce
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup (120g) Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), applesauce, coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Spray a donut tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly among the donut rings using your piping bag to have less mess!
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the donuts comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the chocolate glaze.
- To prepare the chocolate glaze, sift powdered sugar, cocoa powder, in the bowl or electric mixer. add vanilla and 2 Tbsp to 3 Tbsp of the soy milk or other non-dairy milk to the bowl of an electric mixer. Start at slow speed and then gradually increase speed until smooth. Check the consistency, you want it to be thick enough to set on top of the donuts but thin enough that the donuts can be dipped directly into the glaze.
- Dip the donuts directly into the glaze and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Using a spoon spread any leftover glaze onto the donuts to cover any spots that didn’t get covered when you dipped them. Add sprinkles or other toppings and enjoy.