↠ 3 Quick Vegan Meal Ideas
1. 15 minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
9 ingredients in 15 minutes! Get your blender ready to make this saucy up in here! Spencer & I have decided to adopt a vegan lifestyle after watching What The Health & also crying while watching Earthlings... Well, just me crying because the poor animals.. Anyways! We went to our local farmers market, Root Cellar and picked up the essentials for this dinner. We wanted to make something relatively quick & easy. Nothing better than pasta! A nice twist was having the avocado & basil leave sauce. It was so creamy & delicious. I highly highly recommend trying this recipe out. It is from Oh She Glows.
- 9 ounces (255 grams) uncooked pasta
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. For a lighter option, serve the avocado sauce with zucchini noodles.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince. Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado, and 1 tablespoon water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add all of the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
- Top with pepper, lemon zest, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately.
2. Smoothie Prep!
Going from left to right
1. Kale, cucumber & apple
2. Pineapple, mixed berried, spinach
3. Mixed berries, spinach
4. pineapple, mango, kale
Add Chia Seeds, vegan protein powder from BOB's Red Mill & last but not least hemp hearts! Throw in your blender, add some almond milk or water and put that baby on pulse! omnomnomnoms.
3. Love Bowl
Rice with steamed greens, mixed legumes & tahini-lemon sauce & half an avocado!
- 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water in your rice cooker or pot.
- Add a small amount of water into your steamer tray or steamer built in pot and steam your greens for no longer than 4-5 minutes. Drain the water and let the greens sit.
- Rinse and drain the legumes. Add to a medium pot and cover with a couple inches of water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil and then immediately reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Prepare your Tahini-Lemon sauce!
For the Lemon-Tahini Dressing:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast, to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Plate your legumes first then your greens and top with slices avocado & your delicious lemon-Tahini dressing.